Twitter Updates

TWITTER UPDATES

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, February 22, 2009

    Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. I planned to refinish the tub, drive to Albuquerque for a week, and drive back.

    Instead, I applied the first coat of finish, and then drove to Deming to retrieve my mother from a hospital after her car rolled around on I-10. She's fine. Nothing broke. Some bruises, some minor scratches, that's it. I am thankful.

    Deming, I learned, is a five hour drive from Tempe. We stopped for a nap outside of Tucson on the way back. I tried to apply the second coat of bathtub finish within the specified timeframe, but it turned out that I was tired and befuddled, so really what I did was screw it all up. I'll have to get another kit and start the whole process over. But at least the first coat was decent and it corrects the problem I set out to correct.

    We drove back to Lordsburg on Friday to get all of my mother's belongings out of her car. The wedding cake smells like cake but looks like paste inside its cooler. In stark contrast to that, we took four bottles of champagne from the car intact. There was only one wine bottle that broke so that the car and my mother reeked of alcohol. All of the wine soaked contents of my mother's car are now sitting aromatically in the trunk of my car. The car was a Subaru Forrester.

    We also drove back to the crash site to make sure there wasn't anything left there and generally look at it. The cop was there taking measurements for his report, and so he walked us through the scene. That was probably a good thing, but I did find it stressful. I took plenty of pictures, but didn't think the skid marks and trenches and broken fence posts would photograph well with my cell phone and so don't have any to post here yet.

    Since I'm not in Albuquerque like I thought I'd be, I was able instead to do some work this weekend. Provided party services on Saturday night, worked with a great hypno client on Sunday afternoon.

    I am so tired... and I can't use my bathtub until Tuesday!
    .

    No comments: