Twitter Updates

TWITTER UPDATES

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, November 8, 2008

    Meditation, Music & More Up and Running

    So I took a huge leap of faith a month or so ago and abandoned my former career in corporate America in order to work as a hypnotherapist, Reiki master practitioner, Gypsy card reader, and evidently also blogger.

    The emotional roller coaster that went with walking away seems to be over, although I do still have moments of sheer blind panic because technically I don't have an income!

    I spent the first three weeks playing Super Mario 64 nearly non-stop while I decompressed from the massive amounts of stress that prompted the leap in the first place. My brain has been clearing and relaxing, my physical body has been realigning itself (with help from my most favorite chiropractor in the entire world and from a truly awesome massage therapist), overnight my diet changed completely just like I secretly expected, my energy body has been releasing astonishing amounts of the most unexpected crap...

    Somewhere in those first few weeks I started waking up in the morning with actual energy. Not only that, I started staying awake all day without losing any energy. I was still tired for a while, but I stopped being exhuasted. Most days now I don't even need, want, or take a nap.

    The pendulum swing away from years of stress and forcing myself to do/be what I shouldn't, has gone directly to the other extreme of sitting around doing nothing for hours in the morning. I don't have to do mornings any more, and goshdarnit right now I'm not going to! Evidently. I had no idea that I had so much capacity for doing absolutely nothing. It will be nice when that part settles down as well.

    This week a musician friend of mine and I finished recording a self-hypnosis CD. I spent the week burning CDs, creating and printing labels, registering it on and sending it to CD Baby for promotion and distribution, and everything that went with all of that. It was an amazing amount of work, and I called my musician at one point to say, "I'm a slave driver!" He wanted to know if I'm just now noticing that about myself. Hm. No, I guess not. I guess it's good to put that tendency to work for myself and appreciate it, instead of putting it to work for someone else and having it exploited.

    Within the last few days I also set up my own domain web site, Meditation, Music & More, with Hostbaby Web Hosting. I want full blog ability for my web site, and this currently seems like the best way to accomplish that... but I imagine that I'll be doing a lot of experimenting and things probably won't hold still for a while until I get them settled into what works for me.

    After all -- what I do is all about me!
    .

    No comments: