Twitter Updates

TWITTER UPDATES

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, September 16, 2012

    My First Handfasting

    Back in July I was ordained on-line at the Universal Life Church Monastery. I've always wanted to be a minister, and now I am one!  Granted, it seems like a strange way to go about it, but really I agree with the tenet of the church, which is simple and easy to remember:  Freedom of religion as long as it does not harm anyone or interfere with the freedom of any other.

    Not even half an hour later a line started forming for my services as an officiant.  Not literally a line, but literally less than half an hour later I had my first person who was looking for an officiant.  And then I got another, and then a third.

    Then last Thursday I got a text from a friend, "our officiant canceled, would you be willing to do it instead? We have the words."  I was planning to attend the wedding as a guest, instead I got to officiate.  I don't have a very Pagan/Wiccan background and so my knowledge of handfasting was very close to zero.  The only thing I knew about it was that my church had a certificate of handfasting that I could order. LOL

    In renaissance garb, at the arboretum, we had a non-traditional non-denominational handfasting/wedding.  I'm pretty sure that was the most fun I have ever had doing anything.  Ever.  Bring on the weddings!


    No comments: