Twitter Updates

TWITTER UPDATES

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, August 6, 2012

    In The Chair Day 1

    If there is just one thing that I know about the art of healing it is that however much we can accomplish on our own, we simply can't do it all that way.  If we could do it all ourselves, we would and there would be no need for healers!  The category that I call "healers", by the way, includes all of the medical and psychiatric professions right along with counseling, as well as hypnotism, reiki, acupuncture, chiropractic, reflexology and all the rest.  Truly if we could do it ourselves there would be no need for any of those options.  So that's why when I had a dream that told me what needs to happen next, I made my own appointment with a hypnotist; we can't do it all ourselves.

    Today was my initial consultation, and it was very different from how I do my initial consultations.  (You see, there's an added benefit for me, since I get to learn something about how someone else approaches a session.)  That's not a bad thing, simply the truth.  I always have a very difficult time explaining myself and today was no exception to that.  I have something specific that I want to accomplish.  I know that it is related to something else, but it is not the something else that I am currently concerned with.  That's difficult to explain.

    But, it was an initial consultation.  I got to be in the environment, talk with the hypnotist... oh yeah, and speaking of that!  Like anybody else, I absolutely HATE having to talk about what is going on.  I just want it to go away without having to explain it to or (shudder gasp) Feel it in front of someone else.  Do my clients have the same difficulty?  Oh yeah, they do.  The number one thing that keeps people from getting help from a hypnotist is fear of being out of control.  The number two thing is fear of making fools of themselves.

    Hypnosis session on Saturday, can't wait to find out how it goes!

    No comments: